ATC, CSCS, NASM-PES, CPT-PMA
Years of Teaching: Since 1985 in the movement and sports medicine fields
- B.A. Movement and Exercise Science emphasis Sports Medicine (Exercise Science and Athletic Training) Chapman University. 1986
- Certified Athletic Trainer, National Athletic Trainer’s Association 1987
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association 1988
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine 1991
- Certified Pilates Teacher, Pilates Method Alliance 2010
- Balanced Body Master Instructor – Anatomy in Three Dimension, Pilates, MOTR and Bodhi
- Partner of Absolute Center
- Founding Creator of Primal Movement Works!
Other Certifications: Certified Health and Fitness Instructor (ACSM), Certified Pilates for Golf Instructor, Certified C.O.R.E. Instructor (Resist-a-Ball), Certified Cycling Instructor (Precision & Reebok),Walk Yourself Well Level II Instructor, Core Align Level 3 Instructor, Certified TRX Group Suspension Training Course Instructor, Neuro Kinetic Pilates Method
Specialties: Claudia shares the dual role of a movement educator and a manual therapist specializing in restoring and improving movement patterns and functional performance. Her movement education includes functional movement training, Olympic lifting, power lifting, integrated movement, rehabilitative and post-rehabilitative exercise, corrective exercise, plyometrics, sports specific training, Pilates, yoga and CoreAlign. Her manual therapy training includes myofascial release, joint mobilization, muscle energy, positional release, active release, and acupressure.
Personal Story: A life time of athletic endeavor’s starting as a child playing competitive golf and a three sport (volleyball, basketball, softball) high school athlete earning the ‘Athletic of the Year’ award. A colligate athlete earning the “William Tunney” award for academic and athletic achievement. Post college she spent 10 years as competitive women’s rugby player for the Bay Area She Hawks who earned 8 births to the National Championships and won the National Champion title twice. Now, she challenges herself with skills and physical demands of ranch life in horse retirement and rescue.
Fun Fact: She enjoys the outdoors, animals, nature, birding, kayaking, riding bikes, ATV’s and an occasional a horse!